Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Stir-Fry Bittergourd with Black Beans

I have been busy with presentation and business review with my principal from Australia for these few days and I am trying to go back as early as I can to cook for my hubby Suki. But too bad everyday I reach home about 7 pm and my dinner at home become simpler. Since Suki is also as busy as me and did not come back for dinner these few days, so only vegetable dish to go along with rice at home. My maid must be thinking what happen to 'maam' everyday green veg only ! I think this is also a good way for me to go diet since I gain few pounds lately (sigh) !


Bought one bittergourd from the pasar malam near my office and it is only RM1.00.. wow so cheap. On Monday night we have ' Stir-fry Bittergourd with Black Beans' . I use the left over black beans from the canned diced fish with black beans we have on Sunday night.

Here is the recipe.

Ingredients :
1 medium sized bittergourd
Some chopped garlic
1 tbsp black beans
1 cup of water
Cornstarch for thickening

Sauce ingredients :
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tsp dark soya sauce
1 tsp sugar
Some chicken stock granules

Method :
1. Cut the bittergourd lengthwise and remove the seeds. Sliced thinly.
2. Heat oil in the pan and sautee the garlic till fragrant. Add in the black beans and the sliced bittergourd.
3. Stir-fry till soft. Add water and cover the pan. Allow to simmer till cook.
4. Then add in all the sauce ingredients and mixed well.
5. Thicken with cornstarch and serve while still hot with white rice.

No comments: