Bake some 'Egg Tart' last weekend cos still have some of the leftover evaporated milk I used to cook the Fish Fillet Meehoon Soup. Better don't waste it.
First time baking the 'Egg Tart' and I am not so satisfied with the result cos I am in a hurry so 'chinchai' do only. When eat it once out of the oven is nice cos the pastry is still crispy but after a while it become soggy. Some more dearie Suki say look so ' keap si'. Anyway I think he just talk only la cos he ate 4 Egg Tarts that night.
So here is the recipe :
1 tbsp milk powder
20gm icing sugar
250ml Evaporated milk
3 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. To make the pasty, mix all ingredients to form a soft dough. Keep in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Divide the dough into 6 portions and press into a tart mould.
3. Bake at 180'C for 10 minutes.
4. For the filling, beat the eggs and mix all the ingredients together. Use a siever and sieve it.
5. Poor the egg custard into half cook pastry and bake at 180'C for 15 -20 minutes or until the egg set.