Saturday, May 5, 2007

Fried Crispy & Fragrant Homemade Beancurd

Here is another recipe idea on how to utilize my homemade beancurd. It is a hits for my kids and dearie Suki and they love it so much and it is so yummy. This is another succesful recipe of mine and hubby Suki gives me both his thumbs up for this and request I make this again.

Usually when we go to the restaurant they will have this speciality fried bencurd and they called it ' Fried Crispy and Fragrant Beancurd' and here is my version :


Ingredients :
1 bowl of homemade beancurd
150gm fish paste
1 egg
2 tbsp crispy dried squids, chopped finely
1/2 cup of carrot, chopped finely
1 tsp salt and a dash of pepper
Cornflour for coating
Oil for deep frying

Method :
1. Mashed the beancurd till fine. Add in the remainig ingredients and mix until well combined.
2. Pour mixture into a greased tray and steam at medium for 20 minutes or until cooked.
3. Remove and leave to cool before cutting into small pieces.
4. Heat up oil for deep frying.
5. Coat beancurd in corn flour and deep fry till golden brown. Dish and drain off the excess oil.
6. Serve with Thai chilli sauce and mayonaise

Note :
1. You can add in some chopped coriander leaves but because of hubby Suki didn't like this smelly herbs I omit it out.
2. As for the crispy dried squids, I used 'tiu pin' and I BBQ it over the stove and chopped finely.

No comments: