Saturday, May 5, 2007

Sago Pudding with Gula Melaka

I am not a dessert person cos I don't like sweet things. Usually if I make any dessert at home it will end up in my Ah Ma's house cos there are more people there to finish up my dessert. I make some Sago Pudding last Tuesday cos I found a container of sago and I think its been in the fridge for a year. So its better I do something with it.

Here is one of the easiest pudding with Gula Melaka.

Ingredients :
1 bowl of sago
1 piece of gula melaka
1 cup of water

Method :
1. Washed the sago with cold water. ( got to be gentle with the sago )
2. Boil the sago in hot boiling water for about 10 minutes and the turn off the fire and let it soaked in the hot water overnight. With this method you will get a crytal clear sago.
3. Rinse the sago with cold water.
4. Spoon the sago into small cup and let it cool in the fridge.
5. Once cool, turn the sago in the small cup into a dessert plate and drizzle with gula melaka. You can add some evaporated milk or coconut milk if you like.


To make the syrup :
1. Boil 1 cup of water.
2. Add in the gula melaka.
3. Let it boil till the gula melaka melted and become caramelised.


No comments: