Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Chicken with Ginger & Spring Onion

This is what I cooked for dinner tonight - 'Chicken with Ginger & Spring Onion'. I added in a lots of ginger slices and according to my mom, ginger will helps us to bring out the wind in our body. That is why during the confinement period we eat a lots of ginger. I remember when I was in confinement for both my kids, I have actually ate 20kg of ginger and my mom bought the one from Bentong. My hubby say me really 'keah si lang' eat so much ginger.
So here is the recipe.

Ingredients :
2 chicken thigh, cut into small pieces
1 knob sliced ginger
3 stalks spring onion, cut into 3cm length

Marinade :
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp light soya sauce
A dash of pepper and sesame oil
1 tsp corn flour


Seasoning ingredients:

1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp light soya sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp Hsiao Hsing wine
A dash of pepper
1/2 cup of water
Some cornflour for thickening



Method :
1. Marinade chicken pieces with marinade ingredients overnight.
2. Heat oil in pan and saute ginger till fragrant. Add in chicken and the rest of the seasoning ingredients.
3. Stir-fry at high heat and let it simmer till chicken is cooked.
4. Add in Spring onion and thicken with cornflour. Dish up.


'myspace


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As far as I'm concerned, there's no ρoint getting out of bed for less than а grand, so it ԁoeѕn't seem worth it to me.

Also visit my web blog loans site