Saturday, July 21, 2007

Steamed Pomfret with Soya Sauce

This morning went to the wet market to get some fish for the kids. Looking around dont' know what fish to buy and I tend to get bored with fish this week cos ate too much liao. Finally, bought pomfret it is not white pomfret nor black pomfret. Again don't know what is the name but I know it belongs to the pomfret family. I think in Cantonese it is called 'Tau Tai Cheong'.

Anyway, it is not cheap though. One for RM13 and it is not that big but it is real fresh. Look at the fish eyeballs. It pop out and white in colour after steaming and that means the fish is very,very fresh. I steamed it with Kikkoman Sushi Sashimi sauce and added 1 tsp of fried shallots and oil.

Le-Ann and Ee-Thern both loves fish very much and I got no doubt about it that they could finish one big bowl of rice with fish sauce and the fish meat. Funny thing is that little Ee-Thern will come and tell me---> Mama, good !

1 comment:

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

yeah I love pomfret too!!! Too bad they don't sell it in Oz! =(