Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Assam Chai

I was cleaning my fridge 2 weeks ago and found there is a big packet of roast pork ribs in the fridge. Try to think back who gave me this and finally I remembered Mom gave it to my during Chinese New Year - Pai Ti Kong day. Alamak... so many months already and I totally forget about it. Called Mom and check with her whether still can eat or not. She started to nag me again say that one is supposed for me to cook porridge for the kids but I totaly forgot about it.

And she nag, nag and nag again ask me to cook Assam Chai with it and bring it back to Ah Mah's house to eat on Sunday. OK leh, I followed her instruction and cook Assam Chai with it and try to find whatever bones or chicken left in the fridge and throw everything into the pot.

Me, Sis and Mom loves to eat Assam Chai, very spicy and sour and that is our favourite. Head straight to the market and bought some ' Kai Choy' or green mustard to cook with it. Also added in some assam keping and dried chilli and 3 tbsp of tomato sauce. Boil everything with the roast pork ribs till the vegetables is soft. Season with some sugar and salt.

Wah really 'shiok' to eat. So sour and spicy.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiyoh, yoh.....I love this dish. We call it chap chye boey. It's my son's favourite too.

I haven't made it for a long time. I want it now..... :P

Cat Cat said...

Aduh Sue, your chap chye make me berliur lah... Did you boil the green mustard first?
My mom used to cook chap chye for us, hers "mo tak thing"... Cukup2 sour and spicy... Yum Yum.

Thistlemoon said...

Wow, your pictures are really beautiful and so is your food!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!

ICook4Fun said...

Sue, my fav chap chye. My mom used to made this when there are plenty of roasted meat leftover especially during CNY.

Sue Sue said...

Judy,
I love this dish too. If you are here, can 'ta pau' for you to try.

CatCat,
Yup I blanched the green mustard first.

Jenndz,
Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Wan,
My mom and Ah Mah also did the same thing during CNY. Too much food at home and cannot finish. At the end of the 4th -5th day CNY, all have to throw into a big pot and cook Assam Chai.

Sue Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.