Have some left over of sliced mushroom from the dumplings I made last Saturday. In order not to waste it I cook 'Siew Pak Choy with Mushroom'. Another recipe for vegetables to add into your menu.
Siew Pak Choy
8 Mushroom, sliced thinly
10 gluten puffs ( mien karn )
Some chopped garlic
Some ginger, cut into strips
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soya sauce
1/2 cup of water
Salt to taste
A dash of pepper
Cornstarch for thickening
1. Blanched Siew Pak Choy in hot boiling water added with some oil and salt. Drain and arrange the vegetables on a plate.
2. Heat oil in pan and sautee garlic and ginger till fragrant.
3. Then add in the mushroom and stir-fry for a minute. Add in the soya sauce, oyster sauce, water, salt to taste, a dash of pepper and the gluten puffs.
4. Bring to boil and lastly add in cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
5. Dish up the mushroom into a small bowl and then top over the blanched vegetables.