Thursday, August 23, 2007

Simple Meals #6

For 3 weeks I haven't been blogging about my simple meals. Now got bento and forgot about it. While I was arranging my folder, saw those food pictures pilling up. Ever since I come back from my holiday, I have been getting lazy to cook nice dish for my Dearie Suki. Nothing new so far and I have been cooking a lot of fried rice and stir-fried green vegetables for dinner cos its easy and no need to think so much.




For a change in menu, I uses Petai to fried with rice. I am just getting bored with Petai. See also 'jelak'.


My dad advised me to blanched the mushroom with hot water before we kept it in the fridge cos according to him all fresh mushroom contains live fungus and it might be poisonous. So to play safe, better blanched with hot water before you store in the fridge.




This is one of my favourite confinement dish. I remember my confinement lady cook this dish for me not using rice wine but only using the hard liquor and Dom. Wah, so syiok! If my mom and sis see this dish I doubt they will be *drooling* for it. Cos we 3 women love this a lot, a lot, a lot.


This is my Dearie Suki favourite. He miss his Fried Siew Yoke at one of the hawker stall in Petaling Street. Nevermind la, my version also the same!

7 comments:

Anggie's Journal said...

simple yet yummy la... i think i only can cook fried rice and fried the green vege out of ur simple meals list.. *_*

snoopy said...

Sue, your simple meal is not simple at all. Most of the time,if fried rice means thats all but I only do fried rice in the morning or if I am home alone....Haha.

Home Cooking said...

oohh im getting hungry now, ur simple dish so yummy lah sue.

ICook4Fun said...

Sue, I never come across fried rice with petai. Maybe you are the first. Very creative. All your dishes look so yummy even the simple fried rice.

Sue Sue said...

Anggie,
Fried rice and green vegs also ok mah atleast u can can cook. Some ppl I know dont even know how to fried an egg!

Snoopy,
Where got not simple at all. All also very 'sap sap water' one la.

Isha,
Come to my place, I belanja you.

Wan,
U never eat before meh. Fried rice with petai. I come across this when I was in Chiangmai. We had Thai Pineapple Fried Rice and also found some petai in it. So from there I fried for my Dearie Suki lor. Not so boring, ya.

Anonymous said...

Why I miss one day blog hopping, wah, you have so many posts.

I love all your dishes wor. I also miss fried siew yoke. Sigh!!

Hungry liow....better go and have some food! Wah, no wonder I get fat lah, come here, myst go and eat something. :)

Cat Cat said...

Eh, my mom also like to add petai to her fried rice. Sedap ooooo.
Gert, you should give it a try - only when Carlos is not at home lah. ;)