Bought 2 Mackeral Fish or Tenggiri for RM13 from the SS13 night market and today I make fish paste with it. As promised to my blogger friends, Judy and CatCat I will blog the step by step method how to make the fish paste. Pretty easy!
So here is what you need :
1 Spanish Mackeral or Tenggiri Fish, approximately 500gm
1 tsp salt or to taste
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp cornflour
4 tbsp ice water to mix with salt
1. Cut the fish with the meat side up half and scrape the fish meat with a metal spoon.
2. Mince the fish and add in all seasoning ingredients.
3. Stir the fish meat in one direction to get the smooth,sticky and springy texture.
4. Remove fish paste and keep in a container.
1. The fish bones is keep aside for making fish stocks.
2. This is a very basic fish paste preparation and it can be make into fishballs either steamed or with soups, shape into patties for deep frying, and stuffed with vegetables or tofu for Yong Tau Foo and also for steamed otak-otak.