Thursday, April 26, 2007

Spinach in Superior Stock

I am back to my cooking but a simple one la. Yesterday night, I cook 'Spinach in Superior Stock' and added in some century egg in it. I simply loves this veg and Ee-Thern loves this too. Talking about the so called 'Superior Stock' they used in the restaurant, mine is not that superior la. I used ikan bilis to make the stocks.

Spinach in Superior Stock


Here is the recipe :

Ingredients :

500gm Spinach

Some chopped garlic

500ml water

2 century eggs, cut into wedges

A bunch of ikan bilis

Salt to taste

Method :

1. Heat oil in wok and saute garlic and ikan bilis till fragrant. Pour in water and bring to boil to make it into ikan bilis stocks.

2. Add in spinach and cook for about 3 minutes.

3. Add in salt to taste, century eggs and bring to boil. Dish up and serve hot.

Sardines

I was searching around my kitchen cabinet and found 2 cans of Sardines and it is going to expire soon. So, better eat it now rather than throw away. I dont quite fancy sardines but don't know why I bought it. I added in a sprigs of curry leaves, chilli padi and lots of big onions into it. One of my Indian colleague teach me to add in curry leaves into it so it will take away some of the fishy sardines smell. What you need to do is just fry the curry leaves, chilli padi and onion with some oil before you add in the sardines.

Fried Black Pomfret with Ginger

Fried one black pomfret and added in lots of fried ginger into it cos Suki simply loves the ginger. But I prefer to cook Asam Curry with this fish.

Steamed Lap Cheong


Also steamed 2 sticks of Lap Cheong for Suki. My sis gave me the lap cheong during CNY. Usually a pack of Lap Cheong can last me till next CNY cos I hardly eat but Suki always ask for Lap Cheong whenever he feels like eating it. I feel like trying out to make Lap Cheong by myself and after searching for the recipe in the web, I think its better to buy cos it need so much ingredients and quite ' mah fun ' to make leh! hihihi....

No comments: