Monday, April 23, 2007

Braised Chicken with Potatoes

Another week, another Sunday is gone. Wake up early morning yesterday and looking forward to go back Ah Ma's house. While waiting for the maid to clean the room, I pass my time playing with both Le-Ann & Ee-Thern and off course snapping pictures for remembrance.

I am so sad cos yesterday night, hubby Suki told me his computer hard disk ' koyak '! There goes all the pictures I took for the kids from the day they were born till now. Also including my wedding photos and now trying to search in vain where I kept the back up CD. Not a single one but luckily JoeJoe still have some pictures of the kids kept in his computer.

Reach Ah Ma's house in the afternoon and it is boring cos sis and her kids didn't go back and left me, Le-Ann, Ee-Thern, dad and mom in Kajang. Le-Ann was playing with Faye and left Ee-Thern the adventurous one playing alone at the back of the house with the maids. Me..... took a short nap and finally call Suki to drop by Kajang to fetch one of them back home first. You know why ? Both of them fighting.

The activities of the day !

*******************

Yesterday night dinner was simple cos can't find anything in the fridge except for chicken, potato and long beans. Well, need to replenish my food this week. At first planning to cook long beans rice but ended up, I change my mind cos Suki doesn't eat that. Finally I cook 'Braised Chicken with Potato ' with lots of gravies to go along with rice or porridge.

Try this today :

Ingredients :

1 chicken thigh, cut into small pieces

2 potatoes, thinly sliced

Some chopped garlic

1 tsp soya sauce

1 tsp dark soya sauce

1 tbsp oyster sauce

1 tsp sugar

1 cup water

Cornstarch for thickening

Method :

1. Marinade chicken with soya sauce, dark soya sauce and oyster sauce.

2. Heat oil in pan and fry the potato till brown and soft. Set aside.

3. Use balance of the oil and stir fry the garlic till fragrant. Then add in chicken and fry for a while.

4. Add in water and potato. Simmer till chicken is cook.

5. Then add in sugar and thicken with cornstarch.

Braised Chicken with Potato

Stir Fry Long Beans with Anchovies & Chilli Padi


No comments: