Yesterday night dinner was simple cos can't find anything in the fridge except for chicken, potato and long beans. Well, need to replenish my food this week. At first planning to cook long beans rice but ended up, I change my mind cos Suki doesn't eat that. Finally I cook 'Braised Chicken with Potato ' with lots of gravies to go along with rice or porridge.
Try this today :
1 chicken thigh, cut into small pieces
2 potatoes, thinly sliced
Some chopped garlic
1 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp dark soya sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 cup water
Cornstarch for thickening
1. Marinade chicken with soya sauce, dark soya sauce and oyster sauce.
2. Heat oil in pan and fry the potato till brown and soft. Set aside.
3. Use balance of the oil and stir fry the garlic till fragrant. Then add in chicken and fry for a while.
4. Add in water and potato. Simmer till chicken is cook.
5. Then add in sugar and thicken with cornstarch.