Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Braised Chicken with Hsiao Tsing Wine

Yesterday night dinner was a quick one cos need to bring Le-Ann for her music lesson. So left office at 5.15pm sharp, sharp and reach baby sitter's house at 5.50pm. By the time I reach home, Suki is already at home and he helps me to cook rice.

So here I come in the kitchen cooked one green veg and braised chicken with Hsiao Tsing wine. Suki think the braised chicken is a bit too dark. Oops ! I put in too much dark soya sauce.

Here is the recipe :

Ingredients :
2 chicken thighs , cut into small pieces
1 knob ginger , cut into strips
Some chopped garlic
Sesame oil
Kikkoman Soya Sauce
Oyster Sauce
Dark Soya Sauce
1 tbsp of Hsiao Tsing Wine
Salt and Sugar to taste
Some cornstarch for thickening
Some water

Method :
1. Marinade the chicken pieces with some oyster sauce, Kikkoman soya sauce and dark soya sauce for about 1 hour.
2. Heat pan with some oil and sesame oil. Sautee ginger strips and garlic till fragrant.
3. Then add in the marinated chicken and some water. Cover the pan and let it simmer till chicken is cook.
4. Add salt and sugar to your own taste preferrence.
5. Lastly, add in Hsiao Tsing Wine and cornstarch for thickening.


Braised Chicken with Hsiao Tsing Wine

Stir Fry 'Poh Choy' with Garlic


My baby sitter gave me 3 dumplings yesterday and I didn't manage to eat one. All eaten by Suki. Taste good and can't wait for the 'Zhong Zi' festival to come and got to eat many many dumplings make by my aunt and mom.

My next recommendation is nuggets. I fried some chicken nuggets last Friday night. Suki's stomach was making noises and ask me to cook supper for him. I was watching my K-Drama halfway and got to 'PAUSE' it.

Search around the fridge and decided to fried him some nuggets. This is the best nuggets I ever taste and I've been searching around for this brand " First Pride " manufactured by MacFood. Try in vain to buy from Jusco, Cold Storage and Giant but can't find any. One day while I was on my trade visit with my sales rep in Carrefour, Subang and finally I found it and I quickly grab a pack.

Sizzling nuggets in hot oil

Ready to serve to Mr. Suki with his favourite Maggi Hot Chilli Sauce

Remember to get this brand - *****

No comments: