Thursday, September 20, 2007

Black Dot - Safe Trip Home

This morning send my maid 'Black Dot' to the airport at about 5.30 am today to catch the first flight back to Jakarta. The first day she was here when I gave birth to Ee-Thern. Time flies in just a wink of eyes and it is already 2 years she has been working for me. Yesterday, before Ee-Thern and Le-Ann goes to bed, I get them to say GOODBYE to their kakak. My worried is my little boy, scared he will look for kakak cos everyday he will look for kakak to make milk, kakak to carry, kakak to bring him for a walk, kakak to bring him to wee wee, kakak to make him Ribena. But thank god, he didn't mention about his kakak when I pick him up from baby sitter house. Sis is right, 'out of sight, out of mind'.

The decision to get a maid 2 years back came into our mind cos Dearie Suki worried we can't cope with 2 babies, with Le-Ann just 15 mths when Ee-Thern was born. Hence, we get a maid in order to help me to do the house chores and to take care Ee-Thern.

The first day 'Black Dot' came to our house, I feel a stranger just entered our house. I am not used to it as though someone I am not comfortable with came over and stay with us and not knowing what is her background like. With me having a post natal depression, I was telling Dearie Suki I want to get rid the maid the very next day.

From what I see, she is one who is from a poor family background. Poor, bullied by hubby and got 3 kids to take care back home. The first 6 months when she was here, most of the time in tears after receiving letters from her mom and brother mentioning her hubby married another woman.

Before she left today, my single cent of advise to her is that, learn to be a SMARTER WOMAN when get back to Jakarta. As long as you work and have money and the kids is with you, why so worried about her hubby getting married to another woman. Biarkan saja la.

After seeing her get through the custom officer, I left and gave her some money for her to have her breakfast inside the airport. Also reminded her to call me back when she reach home. Waited till evening and still no phone call from her and I was telling Dearie Suki, she is not a so smart person, don't know whether she board the correct plane or not.
Finally she called at 10 pm just now and she is back at home - SAFE.


Oh gosh, the next few days will try to cope to do the house chores and will cook less unless Dearie Suki came back early and help to take care the kids. Next plan is to call up an agency to get a part-time cleaner to come over my house every weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Do you feel sad when send her off? Your maid feel sad?

Now that your maid went home, do you feel "strange" instead or relieve?

Ya, part time cleaner is a good choice. Cooking is ok but washing up is very sian. most of the time the thought of washing and especially cleaning the kitchen put me off to cook.

Sue Sue said...

Anonymous,
Yes lor a bit of sad la cos no more helper but good for her to go back cos she is very slow one in doing her job. Everyday say lupa.

Don't know what to say la strange or relieve. But without her also good got more privacy at home can walk naked in the house.

Me too, I like cooking but not washing.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have not received confirmation from you concerning our link exchange.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Kamarul[at]hoteltravel[dot]com

Note: You can delete this comment.

Bento Pet said...

When my maid went home, I was totally relieved!! I work until die also happier than having a 'nightmare' around!

My new maid arrives next week. Praying very hard that this one is more 'sane'!

Applying for maid is worse that gambling! Win or lose also at least you know. Maid ah? Don't know what you are getting also!

Eewwww....better no maid lah but also cannot survive alone, some more have to Bento every morning. Now #1 asking for breakfast also! Aiyah... maybe don't cook so good food for them huh?

Sue Sue said...

Bento Pet,
The first 6 months I was having nightmare with her. My maid is a person who dont have an expression u joke with her or scold her she is like looking at u as though she is staring through a blank wall. Very weird person. Good thing is she is not a so smart person. Ask her do what she do lor.

Today I was mopping the floor and washing the cloths and real tired now. After 2 years didnt touch the house chores I tend to forget how to do it.

Same as me la, no maid cook less. If cook also 1 dish/pot kau tim the whole night dinner.

Cat Cat said...

Sue,
Wish I have a live-in maid here. Live-in maid is very expensive. Even a full time maid working 9-5 costs you an arm and leg.... Wish we could get domestic helper here to help around the housechores.

My Rantings said...

My maid also gives me so much problem but I try to save the situation. Lots of counselling with the agent. Guess really must use psychology to deal with these ppl.

Have fun doing the chores! :)