Sunday, December 16, 2007

Leong Char

The weather is SUCKS. It is either very hot in the morning and raining heavily in the evening or the other way round. I try to clear off as many stuffs as possible in my fridge cos Chinese New Year is round the corner and I foresee I will start buying the Chinese New Year goodies in 3 weeks time from now. With so many 'Yee Ma, Ku Cheh' , every year we will be exchanging CNY gifts and it is coming very soon.


I tried to get rid the dried longans in the fridge cos I have too many of it. Almost every week I boiled Leong Char for the kids and Dearie Suki. My Leong Char consist of winter melon, red dates, dried longan and luo hon kuo. Drinking more Leong Char is good cos it helps to cool down our body.

Winter Melon cut in to small pieces.

Leong Char, either you drink it cold or hot, it still taste good.

4 comments:

ICook4Fun said...

Sue, I like to make this leong char too but I will usually grate my winter melon. It taste so much better than cutting it into pieces. Give it a try. Is like eating shark fin :) :)

Cat Cat said...

Ah, my mom also like to make this leong char too... She also grated the winter melon and add some longan... Nothing is better than home-made leong char, Sue...

I wonder if my hubby would drink it.. Hmmmm????

SIG said...

Oh wow, I should learn to make that for my girl.

Sue Sue said...

Wan,
Wah good idea ya to grate the winter melon. Next Sunday going to boil again.

CatCat,
Nowadays in Kopitiam no more this type of original boiled leong char d. Mainly all in bottles so got to boil myself lor. Wei, u tak ada train ur hubby meh drink all this leong char ?

Singairishgirl,
Give it a try, its good leh.