Wednesday, December 5, 2007

4 Heavenly King

Hahaha... 4 Heavenly King. Aik... not the Hong Kong 4 Heavenly King singers ya, but it is a dishes and in Chinese it is called 'Sei Tai Tin Wong' and it consist of 4 types of beans or vegetables and cooked it with sambal.


What a name for it. I was puzzled one day when we went out for dinner with Aunty Rose. She was telling me lets order 'Sei Tai Tin Wong'. Huh, what is that and she told me it a vegetables dish. Oooo... now I know it is actually using 4 types of beans and one of it is my Dearie Suki favourite smelly Petai beans.


I planted a brinjal plant and after about 4 months, here come my pathetic short and skinny brinjal. The one and only from the tree. Cut it off and used it to cook this dish.


As long as the Ee-Thern's feeding spoon



Brinjal, Ladies Fingers, Petai and Long Beans

Those who want to try it out, here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp chopped onion
2 tbsp dried prawns
1 cup petai
1 cup long beans, cut into 3 cm length
1 cup brinjals, cut into 3 cm length
1 cup ladies fingers, cut into 2 cm length
Some chilli paste & belacan powder
Salt & Sugar to taste

Method:
1.Blanched the long beans, brinjals and ladies fingers in hot water till soft. (The recipe require to deep fried the vegetables in hot oil for 1 minute but I blanched it with hot boiling water because deep fry will be very oily )
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil, deep fry petai for 1 minute then add in chopped onion and dried prawns. Sautee till fragrant.
3. Add in chilli paste and belacan powder and seasoning. Fry for another 2 minutes and mixed well.Dish up and serve with rice.


Here is my 4 Tai Tin Wong at home but hor my Dearie Suki gasak the Petai only and left the rest, all for me. Aarrrgh.....

3 comments:

InspiredMumof2 said...

This dish one of my favorites. But its my mum who cooks it hehe. I like all the green ingredients, especially lady finger. Yum!

JK said...

Looks good! My hubby loves petai and I think I should try this. What a nice name for this dish.

Sue Sue said...

Inspiremumof2,
I like this dish too, you can even add in four angled beans if you like.

Jo-N,
I think the name is very unique ya.