Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Party

Today we have 2 Christmas functions to attend. One is to MIL house for Christmas dinner and another one is to Ah Mah's house for attending a Christmas Party hosted by Uncle HH and Aunty SH. I very much loves to attend the one in Ah Mah's house reason being the Christmas dinner in my MIL's house would be a boring one for me.

My little Le-Ann still sick and have not fully recover yet. I was thinking to do more baking to bring back to Ah Mah's house but end up did a quick Choco Cupcakes with some buttercream decoration on top of it. While the kids taking their nap in the room I quickly sneak down to the kitchen to start my job.

So these are the results of my Choco Cupcakes.

Buttercream icing with Christmas feel of decoration. Red and green and white buttercream icing suits the Christmas mood.

I still find it is hard to decorate the cupcakes with buttercream icing. It is so messy and I just hate the greasy buttercream stuck on my hand, my finger, my table and everywhere. Perhaps next time I should do it with fondant or else attend a cupcakes decorating class to master the pipping skills.


Among all, I still loves this Christmas tree that I did. It is the best and I love it so much.



Aiyorrr... some of it is so ugly leh and short of 2 cupcakes to fill up the box

Halfway decorating the cupcakes both my kids came down and wanted to disturb me. I don't even want to bother them and let them play in the kitchen and I am so concentrating on the buttercream icing. And..... I don't even know both of them took the cupcakes and eat it quietly at the corner of my kitchen. Only after that I realized...... short of 2 cupcakes and......

the crumbs on the floor

I send the cupcakes back to Ah Mah's house first and then head on to MIL's house for dinner and then went back to Ah Mah's house again to join the crowd. It was almost 9.30 pm and sigh :(.... half of my cousins preparing to go back and kept asking me why I am so late. Aiyoh.... need to explain meh, all of them know what, my PIL are Catholic so got to attend Christmas dinner at home lor.

When we reached Ah Mah's house, we are just in time for the kids to open their Christmas presents from Uncle HH and Aunty SH and also from Sis.

Back to my cupcakes, my dear cousins ... the Kwan's siblings was telling me ....

K's siblings : Aiyah, Khoon Cheh you miss your star moment la.
Me : Huh, why ah?
K's siblings : Wah, once we open up the box, all of your cousins asked who make the beautiful cupcakes.Everyone is like very surprised you did that. Wah here and there.
Me : Huh, yes meh..... (alamak malu only, looks nice but dont' know taste good or not. But one thing I know is that they start scrapping off the buttercream icing before they eat it. Too sweet! )

Wow, so much presents to open.

These are what both of them get... Mickey's food containers, Organic Chocolate and Animals biscuits, Colouring books and Colour pencils, Polo Ralph Lauren's dress for Le-Ann and a pirate T-Shirt for Ee-Thern.

K's siblings was telling me... my Le-Ann's undiscovered talent. Look the way she colour the Snow White. Me as her mommy, I really don't know that she can colour so well at her age. Looks like I got to buy more colouring books for her.

We left Ah Mah's house at almost 11 pm and the kids refused to go back so they love their Tai Mah's house so much and inside the car both of them telling me " Mommy, tomolo we go Tai Mah's house again " !

5 comments:

Unknown said...

your kids must have lots of fun in your ah mah house..got so many presents..hey!your cupckes are so temptting to eat..yum yum!i don't think i can decorate the cake like you..so beautiful ..:)

Anggie's Journal said...

ur cupcake look good lei, not so bad, i like the one like christmas tree wan ... so nice so many gift ur kids got !! :)
Happy New Year to u and ur family :)

Anggie's Journal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ICook4Fun said...

Sue, hope Le-Anne is feeling better. Those cuppies are really beautiful especially the one with X'mas trees.

Big Boys Oven said...

wow! wow! those cupcakes so lovely sure beat the our we saw when we had our meeting that day! lol! well done!