Monday, December 1, 2008

Be Extra Careful This Coming Festive Season


The festive season is coming and the economy is getting real bad. Everyday over the newspaper you can read that robbery and snatch thief is taking place at every corner of the country. I have never come across my mind to be extra careful when I am walking alone or I am staying alone at home until Dearie Suki told me about his cousin sister's case. What happened was his cousin sister was alone with her two kids at home one night. Her husband was not at home that night and left her with her two kids. As usual she will do her laundry at about 11 pm while her two kids were asleep. Suddenly she heard some voice in her house when she was outside the balcony doing her laundry. She was shocked when she saw a man running up her room and took her handbag and then run down from her room and straight away dash out from her front door.

She was shocked and stunned. The first thing she did was to run up the room and checked on her two kids whether both are safe. After that she was shivering and traumatized over the incident and she was so scared to go back to her house when her husband is working late. It is really scarey when such thing happen to you. I was thinking if I am in her shoe I also will get traumatized over it.

After hearing that, I am extra careful whenever Dearie Suki is not around. To be on the safe side, Dearie Suki had bought a Fenix Flashlight for me. He adviced me in any case if there is a robber came into our house, just lock ourself in the room and don't come out. He told me to use the flashlight and light it over the guard at the guard house since my house is few doors away from the guard. I am now more alert to my surrounding whenever I am with my kids. Better be save now than sorry.

No comments: