Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Kimchi Bokkumbop

Korean food is one of my favourite food since dearie hubby brought me to one of the Korean Restaurant located at Jalan Ampang and it is somewhere opposite Palm's Garden Hotel. I think Korean Food is a very healthy food cos there is not much frying and it is not oily. The one I like most the side dishes to be eaten together with the BBQ meat and also wrapped it with lettuce. They called it ' Banchan' if I am not mistaken.

Last week I tried out Kimchi Bokkumbop aka Kimchi Fried Rice at home. Since I have about half a bowl of Kimchi left in the fridge so.... Kimchi Fried Rice topped with fried sunny egg is my choice. I am lucky that day cos the egg got 2 egg yolks in it.

Search around the web and try to find the recipe for Kimchi Bokkumbop. Finally I found it.

Here is the recipe.

Ingredients :
1/2 cup Kimchi with liquid, chopped into small pieces
Some chopped onion
2 cups of cooked rice, preferably left overnight in the fridge
1 tin anchovies/sardines, you can also substitute with minced pork or beef
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp soya sauce
Some sesame oil
1 fried sunny egg

Method :
1. Sautee chopped onion till soft and add in kimchi with liquid and anchovies. Stir-fry for a minute.
2. Then add in the cooked rice and mixed well.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Then add in soya sauce and a dash of sesame oil. Mixed well and stir -fry for about 2 minutes.
4. Dish up into a plate and place a fried sunny egg on top of the rice.



Dearie hubby tried the Kimchi Fried Rice and he don't really like it. I ask him why and he told me taste more like " Kiam Chai Fried Rice". I personally have not try any of the Kimchi Fried Rice from the Korean Restaurant and can't really give comment whether it really taste that way. But I think the recipe I get from the Korean Web will not go wrong !


myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kimchi fried rice? I've never tried it before. Over here, Korean not popular but I am sure a trend will start here soon just like with Japanese food many, many years ago.

Sue Sue said...

Hi Judy,
The Korean Restaurant in KL is mushrooming.Don't know whether the food is popular or because the Korean Drama makes the food popular?

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

Maybe it's the can anchiovies that is making ur fried rice salty? I'm just guessing.. I'm no expert in cooking! LOL..

Anyway, when I went to South Korea, we had a try in making our own kimchi! Very fun..lol.. maybe u can try too!

Sue Sue said...

I was thinking I want to try to make KIMCHI but want to buy all the ingredients is quite expensive. My hubby told me better buy the one ready make by the Korean Ladies in the Korean mini market. It is more cheaper. That is why tak jadi make end up buy.